Thursday, April 17, 2014

Class Room Talk

So today was a wonderful and fun day. I went in to my old teacher Ester's Marketing class at The Art Institute and just talked about my brand and myself, and how I market my items. She introduced me to her students and there were a few that stood out more than the others. Became part of a Fashion Event the Students and Ester are planing. Also going to take part in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Run again in the fashion area for the Auction so be sure to look at what's going to come up and be made for that event as well. Ok now here is just a quick recaps on what I said about marketing and how I market my own brand as well. 

Social Media - is your best friend or it can be your worst enemy. Social Media is wonderful cause everyone use it these days. Everyone is using the net and google searching everyday.

Word of Mouth - friends to customer, to pass by-er. once a topic comes up, other will start to search and ask more question about what the topic is.

Self Promoting - something I always do. If you want to get some were you promote yourself to get out there. Its a hard world in the fashion industry and there's lots of shark. But you have to stand your own grown.

Socializing - Talk to people. Connect with other is also another big one. When you talk to people you make acquaintance or even friends. Talk to everyone you can when your at any event. To the photographers, other designers, promoters, even the fashion show/event coordinator. They will have a connection to others and they will be able to help you get in to other events.

Those four are the main things I use for my own marketing and promoting myself as a designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment